The Duke's Path
The Duke’s Path is a made-path that zig-zags through An Coire Ruadh between the track to Làirig Dhrù and the bealach between Am Bràigh Riabhach, and Sròn na Lairige. It roughly follows the course of the burn draining the corrie.
The path's name commemorates the Duke of Fife who owned Mar Forest until his death in 1912.
In Gordon (1925) – the author refers to the path – writing :
Up Coire Ruadh a stalking path leads. It is (1925) some thirty years since the late Duke of Fife constructed it, but as the corrie is one of the most outlying of all in the wide Forest of Mar the path has scarcely been used since the day it was made and is now difficult to follow, except near the top of the corrie
– Gordon (1925) (p108)
The Duke's Path is only shown on the 1:25 000 scale Ordnance Survey map.