Creag Phàdruig is the first (ruined) farm in Gleann Dhé (above Eas Dé) on the left-bank of the river. Creag Phàdruig straddles the estate-road about a mile upstream from Eas Dé.
As a place name Creag Phàdruig – means Patrick’s rocky hill - the farm taking its name from the rocky outcrop on the hillside above the ruins.
About a mile upstream from the Eas Dé the last of the trees between the estate road and the river is passed, and the strip of land between the estate road and the river widens, and becomes more level. Here the eastern boundary wall of Creag Phàdruig stands perpendicular to the estate road. It runs off southward towards the river, before ‘dog-legging’ to the southwest, and ending on the riverbank.
The ruins of Creag Phàdruig are on both sides of the estate road, but the main building group is on the flat between the road and the river. Interestingly – Creag Phàdruig doesn’t appear on the map of Farquharson (1703), and the earliest reference to Creag Phàdruig I’ve seen is in Cordiner (1780) – where the author writes :
… a singular craggy hill attracts one’s notice is called Craig-Phatric … At the foot of the fall, [Allt Creag Phàdruig] which plays down the steep for fifty or sixty yards, there is a rural bridge, composed of broken trees and sods, which lead the way to some cottages that are sheltered by the rock. The peasants that inhabit them cultivate a meadowy plain, which stretches thence to the Dee : these dwellings, from their very artless form, and wicker enclosures, scarcely seem to diminish the wildness, but add to the beauty of the landscape
– Cordiner (1780) (p27)
An oddly poetic quote, and an indirect reference to the farm of Creag Phàdruig. Cordiner is giving an upstream view of the glen, but appears to suggest Allt Creag Phàdruig is reached before the farm - it's not. It's also odd that he fails to mention any of the other farms in this part of Gleann Dhé. If he went no further up the glen than bridge over Allt Creag Phàdruig he would have seen at least 3 other farms.