Braemar Community Ltd
I'll not kid you that I know much about forming companies or the duties or obligations of a Company Director. That said Braemar Community Ltd is a private company, limited by guarantee and its office address is Amicable House, 252 Union Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1TN. Braemar Community Ltd is also a Registered Scottish Charity and its office address is Invercauld Estate, 4 Keiloch, Braemar, AB35 5TW.
One need not be a cynic to know that forming a company with 'Community' in the name does not necessarily make that company a community action group.
According to the Company Website - the Board of Directors are :
- Simon Blackett - Factor, Invercauld Estate
- Louise Kelly - Business Manager, Braemar Highland Heritage Centre
- Dave Chandler - Accountant
- Malcolm MacIntyre - Depute Rector, Aboyne Academy
- Alastair Hubbard - Owner, Cranford Guest House
- Dave Evans - Owner, Taste
- Glenn Perkins - Engineer
- Doreen Wood - Freelance Journalist
Considering that Braemar Community Ltd is behind the proposal to build a new footbridge at Braemar I'm surprised that the Board of Directors are not all business owners. That said, half of the Board of Directors are either business owners or are (in a loose sense) part of the tourist industry.